The club aims to recommence basketball activities starting on Wednesday 25th August 2021.
Following our committee meeting on 23rd June 2021 Ashby Aztecs are planning to return to training as usual at the start of the 2021/22 academic year. Further information regarding this will be released via email closer to the time. This is, of course, subject to COVID restrictions remaining the same or easing.
AGM Meeting 18th August 2021
Anyone wishing to attend the club AGM this will be held on 18th August 2021 at 7.30pm at the Smisby Arms near Ashby. Further details have been sent via the club mailing list.
This decision is consistent with Basketball England’s Return to Play Road Map which is now at Level 1 and Ashby Schools requirements in relation to the use of the sports hall.
The key features of our return to play will include:
- Utilisation of the sports hall only and not the small gym
- 1 hour Mini basketball training on Mondays at 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- 1.5 hours Adult basketball training on Mondays at 8.00pm – 9.30pm
- 1 hour Junior basketball training on Wednesdays at 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- 1.5 hours Adult basketball training on Wednesdays at 8.00pm 9.30pm
Further details will be issued in due course to all registered members via email and on the club website including
- Booking & payment process
- Requirements of participants and parents/carers before, during and after sessions
The club is working hard to ensure we can return to play safely utilising our full risk assessment and has appointed a COVID-19 officer to minimise and manage these risks and to ensure that all best practice guidance is implemented
We are pleased that we can get back to basketball in September and look forward to everyone’s support, by following the guidance we will be issuing, to ensure a safe and enjoyable playing environment for us all.